Motorola Backflip has annouce at CES have a reverse-flip QWERTY keyboard with 3.1? HVGA touchscreen. The phone is a flip version of the CLIQ, and here’s the kicker: the QWERTY keyboard is on the outside of the phone, not the inside. Instead of the keyboard flipping inwards, it flips outwards.
Backflip might just be a matter of consequence: the 5MP camera is normally positioned on the rear of the device but because of the acrobatics it becomes a front facing camera when it tumbles into an open position. For the “vloggers” out there or folks who aren’t the best at taking self-pics for facebook, this oughta help.
Motorola Backflip specs include:
* Android OS with MotoBLUR; will be upgradeable to 2.1
* 3.1? HVGA high-res screen
* WiFi and 3G 850/1900/2100 (quadband GSM); HSDPA 7.2 capable
* 5 MP camera with LED flash and autofocus
* Video capture at 24 fps
* MicroUSB and 3.5 mm headphone jack
* Stereo Bluetooth
* 6 hours talk time, 13 days standby