Motorola’s first Android Phone will be Motorola Sholes Android will be the first ever Motorola Android on Verizon Wireless. Actually they don’t explicitly state that but they claim an October launch… and I don’t see another MotoDroid launching on VZW before then. So could the Sholes just be a re-designed version of the Calgary, made to look more sleek and sexy? Or are they really two different phones.
Time will tell ladies and gentlemen… in the meantime, speculate below.
Almost forgot, the rumor/leak came with a pretty detailed list of specs which we’re happy to share below:
* 3.7 inch touch screen
* 480×854 pixels resolution
* QWERTY slider
* Verizon bound
* Standard CDMA, EVDO Rev A.
* Dimensions: 60.00 x 115.80 x 13.70 mm
* Weight 169g
* Battery Li-ion 1400mAh.
* 450 hours standby time
* 420 minutes talk time
* Memory (FLASH / RAM): 512MB/256MB
* Memory card microSD / microSDHC up to 16 GB
* Messaging: SMS, MMS, E-Mail
* Full HTML browser
* 5 MP camera with autofocus
* 3.5mm heaset jack
* Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR 1
* Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11g)
* Audio: AMR-NB/WB, MP3, PCM / WAV, AAC, AAC +, eAAC +, WMA
* Video: MPEG-4, H263, H264, WMV
* Navigation: GPS
* Package Contents: Phone Motorola Sholes, battery, charger, USB cable, memory card 8GB MicroSD and other literature.
For now we’ll take it these are two different phones and I’ll be creating a new phone in the guide. We’ve got some other ones to add as well, most notably the Click, Eve, A1, Ion, H7 and Fiesta. But guess what? They’ll be loaded up before the day ends so stay tuned and it’ll all be up to date in no time!