Motorola Droid is a Smartphone powered by Android 2.0 developed in partnership with Google and Verizon Wireless, the nation’s largest 3G network. DROID delivers high-speed Web, voice-activated search, a super large touch screen and thousands of customizable apps and widgets from Android Market™. With the thinnest full QWERTY slider available on the market, it’s a no-compromise supergenius in your pocket, multitasking at break-neck pace to get things done.
High-Speed Mobile Browsing
* See the Web at break-neck speed on the largest high-resolution display with a Flash 10 ready HTML browser.
* Look up favorite sites, video and music fast with a high-speed, cortex A8 processor and lightning-fast connection.
* View it all on the 3.7” display with more than 400,000 total pixels, which is twice that of the leading competitor.
* Work faster on the Web with double tap to zoom in and out.
Google Searches Beyond the Web
* Type your search to deliver results such as contacts and music offering a complete search experience on a mobile device.
* Use voice-activated search to serve up both your contacts and Google search results, based on your location.
* Find your way with free spoken turn-by-turn directions with Google MapsTM Navigation (Beta), with Street View and LatitudeTM. View geographic information, such as My Maps, Wikipedia entries and transit lines, right on the map.
Customize Your DROID
* Access thousands of applications and hundreds of widgets from Android MarketTM.
* Customize your home screen with preloads like Facebook™ and Google MapsTM or download1 applications for music, news, sports and games.2
* Toggle back and forth between up to six applications at a time.
* Integrate work (Exchange) and personal (GmailTM) e-mails into one inbox with emails pushed directly to you. Plus, undo common operations in GmailTM for fast corrections.
* Find your contacts using a universal list that pulls in work, personal and Facebook™ contacts
* Slide out the full QWERTY keyboard to comfortably text, IM and e-mail1
* Have your work calendar right at your fingertips at all times
Additional Bells and Whistles
* DVD quality video recorder features quick and easy playback plus optimized YouTubeTM uploading for sharing with friends.2
* 5 megapixel camera loaded with the works like dual-LED flash, AutoFocus, and image stabilization
* Features 16GB of storage space (or upgrade to 32).
* Stereo Bluetooth® gives you the option of wireless connectivity3. Or if you prefer traditional, headphones utilize the 3.5mm headset jack.
* Easily copy text and URLs to simply paste them into an e-mail, text or status update1 or copy images off the Web directly to your gallery.
* Use the multimedia station5 to transform DROID into an alarm clock, movie player or digital picture frame.
* Place DROID in the car mount5 to instantly launch a full-blown GPS navigation device.
DROID by Motorola with Google™
Talk and Standby Time4 – TT: 385 mins/6.4 hours | SB: 270 hours/11.25 days
Form Factor – Capacitive Touch; Full Qwerty Side Slider
Band/Modes1 – 800/1900, CDMA EVDO rev A
OS – Android 2.0
Weight – 169 g / 6 oz
Dimensions – 60.00 (x) x 115.80 (y) x 13.70 (z) mm | 2.4 (x) x 4.6 (y) x 0.5 (z) inches
Browser1 – Webkit HTML5 based browser; Flash 10 ready
Email Support1 – GmailTM, Exchange, IMAP, POP, Macmail, GmailTM, MSN Hotmail, Yahoo and AOL®
Battery – 1400 mAh
Connectivity1 – Bluetooth® v2.1+EDR, 3.5mm Headset jack, USB 2.0 HS
Display – 3.7”, 480×854 WVGA
Display Resolution – WVGA display houses 400,000 pixels
Messaging1 – SMS/MMS, Full HTML5 Browser
Audio – AMR-NB/WB, MP3, WAV, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA
Video – Advanced Video record/playback at D1 resolution (720×480) with up to 24fps capture and 30fps playback, MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
Camera – 5.0 megapixel, AutoFocus, dual LED Flash and image stablization
Memory – 16GB card included in phone, Up to 32GB microSD expandable
Location Services1 – aGPS, sGPS
Extras – 802.11b/g, 3-axis accelerometer
DROID by Motorola with Google™ will be available in Q4 2009. For more information regarding pricing and product availability in your region, please contact your local Motorola representative. To experience DROID