Verizon Wireless and Samsung today announced the availability of the Samsung Alias 2, the next generation dual-hinge messaging phone with the convenience of an E Ink transforming keypad in a unique flip-style format. The Alias 2 comes in Charcoal grey.
* Dual-hinge form factor with E Ink keyboard that changes based on what the user needs
o Open it vertically as a flip phone and it has a traditional numeric keypad and can change to an alpha-only keypad
o In landscape, the phone features a QWERTY keypad that can change to numeric with symbols
* Supports RemoSync, so customers can synchronize corporate e-mail, contacts and calendars from their office PCs
* 2.0 megapixel camera and video capture capabilities
* Bluetooth® technology with support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access, basic print, basic imaging, object push for vCard and vCalendar and serial port
* Lifestyle features:
* VZ Navigator(SM)
* Visual Voice Mail
* Media Center-capable – downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
* Mobile Web
* Mobile Email; Mobile IM; and text, picture and video messaging
* microSD card slot with support for up to 16 GB (card purchased separately)
* Personal organizer with calendar, calculator with currency converter, notepad, alarm clock, world clock and stop watch
Price and availability:
* The Samsung Alias 2 is available today for $79.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate as a debit card that can be used anywhere debit cards are accepted.
* VZ Navigator is available for $2.99 daily access, and Visual Voice Mail is available for $2.99 monthly access. RemoSync is available for $9.99 monthly access. Other charges may apply when downloading or using applications.