With 5 megapixel camera, capacitive AMOLED touchscreen, huge 1500 mAh battery and many other goodies built-in, there was little not to like about this handset, promised for June launch.
Well, it looks like it might be delayed for a few weeks, at least in France. It’s Bouygues Telecom just announced that they will be the first to launch the new Samsung i7500 Android phone as Samsung Galaxy in early July.
Well, Bouygues Telecom might be a bit late for the French Android party, but this handset is a nice nab for them.
It looks like for at least a few months, until Android 2.0/Donut handsets become available, Samsung Galaxy will be the best specc’ed out Android device out there.
Samsung Galaxy i7500 specs include:
* HSDPA 7.2Mbps / HSUPA 5.76Mbps (900 / 1700/ 2100MHz), EDGE / GPRS (850/ 900/1800/1900) connectivity
* Android OS
* 3.2” HVGA(320×480) AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display
* 5 MP Camera (Auto Focus), Power LED
* Bluetooth® 2.0, USB 2.0, WiFi, MicroUSB, 3.5mm headset jack
* built-in GPS
* Internal memory: 8GB
* External memory: Micro SD (Up to 32GB)
* Battery 1500 mAh
* Size 115 x 56 x 11.9mm
No info on unsubsidized price yet.
And as for the name, “Galaxy” for Samsung i7500 might just be for France. Samsung has been known to play pretty loose with the those trade names in different countries for a while now.