Available as of today via T-Mobile USA, Samsung Highlight looks like a simple handset, but it actually has almost all the features you’d want from a phone.
The Highlight comes with EDGE and HSDPA connectivity, a 240 x 400 pixels touchscreen display, A-GPS and a 3MP photo camera. It uses the TouchWiz UI, like the Samsung Memoir, which is also available from T-Mobile.
Samsung Highlight Specifications:
- Quad-band GSM world phone (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- UMTS/HSDPA-capable (1700/2100 – AWS Band IV)
- Display: 1.61 x 2.64 inches, 240 x 400 pixels, 262k TFT display
- 3 megapixel camera with 3x digital zoom and video capture
- Stereo Bluetooth
- microSD slot for up to 16 GB of optional removable memory
- Music player supports MP3, WMA, AAC, AAC+ and eAAC+
- Support for SMS, MMS, instant messaging (IM) and e-mail
- IM support: AIM, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger
- E-mail support: AOL, Yahoo!, additional POP3 accounts
- Complete Web access through T-Mobile web2go
- A-GPS with Location Based Services by TeleNav
- 4.27 x 2.11 x 0.54 inches; 3.7 ounces
After a $50 mail-in rebate and with the signing of a 2-yr contract agreement, Samsung Highlight costs $149.99. You can buy it from T-Mobile in two color versions: fire and ice.