Sony Ericsson C905 Cyber-shot was actually part of the leaked 2009 Rogers line-up we featured late last year alongside the XPERIA X1 which looks to be debuting soon on Rogers as well. For those still not familiar with the C905, this is Sony Ericsson first 8-megapixel camera phone offering. This slider comes equipped with Bluetooth, WiFi, A-GPS, and 7.2Mbps HSDPA connectivity. It’s retailing for $249.99 on a 3-yr contract and is now available as we speak.
Sony Ericsson C905 is the more feature-packed phone of the two, and with its availability in Canada, this will surely help the beleaguered company improve on their faltering status in the industry.
Imaging & Audio: Sony Ericsson and Rogers Wireless deliver the real deal
Sony Ericsson launches Canada’s best camera phone with the C905 Cyber-shot(TM) and best audio phone with the W705 Walkman(R), exclusively with Rogers Wireless, Canada’s fastest mobile data network
TORONTO, May 28 /CNW/ – Look, Listen, Connect – Sony Ericsson takes mobile entertainment to a new level with the introduction of two new best-in-class handsets – the C905 Cyber-shot(TM), Canada’s first 8.1 megapixel camera phone and the W705 Walkman(R) phone featuring superior sound with the clear audio experience and integrated Facebook(TM) and YouTube(TM)
applications, available exclusively to Rogers Wireless customers.
“Rogers Wireless is thrilled to add the Sony Ericsson C905 and W705 to our lineup of 3.5G handsets, on our 7.2 HSPA network: Canada’s fastest mobile network, 2 times faster than any other competitor,” says John Boynton, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Rogers Wireless. “These full-featured devices will appeal to our customers looking for a full suite of entertainment and imaging capabilities on-the-go.”
C905 Cyber-shot(TM) – A camera that happens to also have a phone
Packed with advanced picture technologies the C905 provides the complete digital camera experience including face detection, smile shutter, Geo-tagging, Xenon flash and more mega pixels than any camera phone on the market, providing a better picture, every time. It also makes it easy to get your pictures off, so you can share them with others.
“Now more than ever, your camera is your phone and your phone is your camera,” says Michelle Digulla, General Manager for Sony Ericsson Canada. “The C905’s advanced imaging features capture perfect pictures while making it simple to transfer pictures onto your computer or share instantly.”
Building on Sony Ericsson’s camera phone expertise, the C905 Cyber-shot(TM), which is now available at Rogers for as low as $249.99, is an all-round performer that provides an uncompromised camera capability in a phone.
- - 8.1 megapixel camera with Xenon flash – Every shot is picture perfect with the high quality camera and Xenon flash that automatically detects low-light conditions.
- - Face Detection & Smile Shutter(TM) – Detects and focuses on faces so every expression is captured in perfect clarity.
- - Easy to Share & Upload photos – In one touch, simply upload your images either using the included USB Memory Stick(TM) adaptor, 3G or Wi-Fi(TM) and you’re ready to share your photos with your family and friends.
- - Geo-tagging with GPS – Tags the location at which you took pictures so you’ll never forget where you were when you snapped that shot.
- - Expandable memory – 2GB included with support up to 8GB.
- - Up to 7.2 Mbps data download speeds and Wi-Fi connectivity for fast downloads and quick access to news, games and more on the mobile web.
Pricing and availability
The Sony Ericsson C905 retails for $249.99 on a three year plan and is available now on three year plan and will be available soon. Some conditions apply. Both devices are exclusive to Rogers Wireless in Canada
This video from sonyericsson, explain about Sony Ericsson C905