T-Mobile Motorola CLIQ is really nice and the OS and widgets are awesome. I spent a few minutes watching those videos and doing the demos and I really, really want one.
Motorola CLIQ cell phone features include a touch screen display and slide-out QWERTY keyboard, a 3.1-inch capacitive display HVGA screen, 5MP autofocus camera, 3.5mm jack, 3G, Wi-Fi. Motorola’s new MotoBlur software syncs contacts, posts,messages and photos from sources like Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Gmail, work and personal email. Any phone that has a selling point like MySpace, Twitter and Facebook home screen integration is a kids phone in my eyes.
Motorola CLIQ Specifications:
- Carrier: T-Mobile
- Available: Q4 2009
- Networks: GSM Quad-band phone capable of global roaming (850/900/1800/1900 MHz); UMTS tri-band global 3G (900/1700/2100 MHz); GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA 1.8 Mbit/s/HSDPA 3.6 Mbit/s/HSDPA 7.2 Mbit/s
- Display: 3.10 inches HVGA screen, 320 x 480 pixels, Color, TFT
- Camera: 5 megapixels with AF
- Operating system: Google Android MOTOBLUR
- Input: 5-way navigation, Capacitive touch screen, QWERTY keyboard, Virtual keyboard
- CPU: 528MHz MSM7201A
- Memory: 256MB
- Memory card: microSD/microSDHC
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 2.0, 3.5mm HeadPhone Jack
- Misc: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WAV, AMR
- Media: MPEG4, 3GP, H.263, H.264
- Form factor: Slide-out
- Battery: 1400mAh
- Talk Time: 6 hours (360 mins)
- Standby Time: 324 hours (14 days)
- Dimensions: 4.49 x 2.28 x 0.62 inches (114 x 58 x 16 mm)
- Weight: 5.75 oz (163 g)
T-Mobile Motorola CLIQ Android phone will be available on October 18 2009 for $200 and an affordable $49.99 on contract. $200? Really?
Not sure who is to blame here (Motorola or T-Mobile), but neither is doing themselves any favors with that pricing (unless T-Mobile is afraid of getting stuck with a glut of MyTouch Inventory).